"WILLISHAM, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere, county Suffolk, 3½ miles S.W. of Needham-Market, 5 N.E. of Hadleigh, and 3 W. of Claydon railway station. The soil is clayey, producing good crops of wheat and beans. The living is a perpetual curacy, value £60. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The tithes produce £5 per annum. The Rev. E. B. Sparke is lord of the manor and principal landowner."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)