"WORLINGHAM, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 6 miles S.W. of Lowestoft, and 2 S.E. of Beccles. It includes the old parish of Worlingham Parva, and is bounded on the N.E. by the navigable river Waveney, which separates it from the county of Norfolk. This place gives the title of baron to the Earl of Gosford, of Gosford Castle, in Ireland, who is lord of the manor and has a seat here. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £260, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to All Saints, or to St. Mary, contains a monument by Chantrey to General Sparrow and his son, and a brass of N. Wrenne, bearing date 1511. There was formerly another church, dedicated to St. Peter, but it has been long since demolished. The charities produce about £30 per annum, chiefly derived from town estate."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)