"WORLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Lackford, county Suffolk, 1 mile S.W. of Mildenhall, and 4 N.E. of Kennet railway station. The village is situated at the ferry on the S. bank of the river Lark. The soil is sandy and generally sterile, upon a substratum of chalk, and there are rabbit warrens on the heath. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £240. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The register commences about the middle of the 16th century. There are National and Sunday schools. The charities produce about £6 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Worlington:
- All Saints, Church Lane, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Worlington area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Worlington has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.