"WORLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Lackford, county Suffolk, 1 mile S.W. of Mildenhall, and 4 N.E. of Kennet railway station. The village is situated at the ferry on the S. bank of the river Lark. The soil is sandy and generally sterile, upon a substratum of chalk, and there are rabbit warrens on the heath. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £240. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The register commences about the middle of the 16th century. There are National and Sunday schools. The charities produce about £6 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)