"WORLINGWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, county Suffolk, 16 miles N. of Woodbridge, 5 N.W. of Framlingham, and 4 S. of Stradbrook. The village occupies one of the most elevated sites in the county. It contains a police-station and post-office. The land, which is in a high state of cultivation, is chiefly the property of Lord Henniker, whose seat is Worlingworth Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value with the curacy of Southolt annexed, £933. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has an oaken roof; a font, with cover, brought from Bury Abbey; brass of a group of children, remains of old stained glass, and several monuments, including one to Elizabeth, Duchess of Chandos, and another to Sir John and Lady Major. The register dates from 1588. There is a free school, founded and endowed by J. Baldry in 1689, and a Sun day-school with a small endowment. The charities produce about £150 per annum, chiefly the produce of the town lands."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)