"WYVERSTONE, a parish in the hundred of Hartismere, county Suffolk, 7 miles N. of Stow-Market, and 2 W. of Finningham railway station. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £273. The church is dedicated to St. George. The charities, chiefly the produce of the town estate, produce about £45 per annum. John Moseley, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)