GENUKI Home page
Ashbrittle Ashbrittle     Contents Contents

National Gazetteer (1868) - Ashbrittle

"ASHBRITTLE, a parish in the hundred of Milverton, in the county of Somerset, 6 miles to the W. of Wellington. It is situated near the Western canal, and contains the tything of Greenham. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £450 in the patronage of J. Quicke, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. A fair is held on the 25th February."

"GREENHAM, a tything in the parish of Ashbrittle, hundred of Milverton, county Somerset, 2 miles N.W. of Ashbrittle, and 5 S.W. of Milverton."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003]

Valid HTML 4.0! These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
[Last updated: 25th March 2003 - Brian Pears]

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.