Towns & Parishes
"NORTH BREWHAM, a parish in the hundred of Bruton, in the county of Somerset, 3 miles to the N.E. of Bruton, its poet town. It lies on the banks of the river Brew, or Brue. The ruins of the ancient chapel are now used as a barn."
"SOUTH BREWHAM, a parish in the hundred of Bruton, in the county of Somerset, 3 miles to the E. of Bruton. It is situated on the river Brew, and contains the hamlet of Hardway. The Frome canal passes through the village The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells, of the value of £102, in the patronage of Sir H. H. Hoare, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. In the churchyard are the remains of an old cross." From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
Find help, report problems, or contribute information
[Last updated 19th February 2015 by Malcolm Daniels]