GENUKI Home page
Chilton Trinity Chilton Trinity     Contents Contents

National Gazetteer (1868) - Chilton Trinity

"CHILTON TRINITY, a parish in the hundred of North Petherton, in the county of Somerset, 2 miles N. of Bridgwater. It is situated in a valley through which the river Parret runs. The living is a rectory annexed to the vicarage* of Bridgwater, in the diocese of Bath and Wells, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, is a stone building with tower, and is very ancient."

"HUNTSHILL, a hamlet in the parish of Chilton-Trinity, county Somerset, 2 miles S.W. of Bridgwater."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003]

Valid HTML 4.0! These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect the conditions of use.
[Last updated: 24th March 2003 - Brian Pears]