GENUKI Home page
Somerset Somerset   Index of Parishes Somerset
Towns & Parishes
  Contents Contents   Neighbours Nearby places

Corston

"CORSTON, a parish in the hundred of Wellow, in the county of Somerset, 3½ miles W. of Bath, and 2 S.E. of the Salford station. It is situated near the river Avon. In the village is a malthouse and several stone-quarries. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £150, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an old stone building in the early English style of architecture, consisting of chancel, nave, and tower. The charities amount to £15. There are chapels for Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists, and in 1844 a National school was built." From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003

Archives and Libraries

Maps

Find help, report problems, or contribute information


Valid HTML 4.0! © Copyright GENUKI and contributors, 2000-2002
Page created by Andy Perkins.
[Last updated: 30th October 2010 by Malcolm Daniels]
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.