"DURSTON, a parish in the hundred of North Petherton, in the county of Somerset, 6 miles N.E. of Taunton, its post town, and 6 S. of Bridgwater. It is a station on the Bristol and Exeter railway. The priory of Buckland Sororum was founded here about 1167, but was suppressed, and the estates given to the Knights Hospitallers. Subsequently there was a priory of Canonesses of St. Augustine, and a preceptory of Knights Hospitallers. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £170, in the patronage of the Rev. A. Gray. The church, recently rebuilt, is dedicated to St. John. There are a National and Sunday schools. Henry Danby Seymour, Esq., is lord of the manor.
EAGROVE, a hamlet in the parish of St. Decuman, county Somerset, near Watchet."