Towns & Parishes
"BREWHAM LODGE, an extra-parochial liberty in the hundred of Norton Ferris, in the county of Somerset, 5 miles to the N.E. of Bruton. It is situated on the border of Wiltshire, near the source of the river Brew, and was one of the hunting seats of King John. It is now the property of the Hoare family, who have their seat at Stourhead. Not far off is the small camp of oval form called Jack's Castle, where urns, weapons, and other remains have been found. The district was the scene of many contests between the Danes and Saxons."
"CHARLTON CROSS, an extra-parochial place, in the hundred of Kilmersdon, in the county of Somerset, 5 miles N. of Frome."
"EASTRIP, an extra-parochial place in the hundred of Bruton, county Somerset, 5 miles N.E. of Bruton. Brownlow Lodge is the principal residence."
"FOUR-TOWERS, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Bruton, county Somerset."
"NIDON, (or Knighton), an extra parochial place in the hundred of South Petherton, county Somerset, 3 miles N.W. of South Petherton.
"NORTON-HAWKFIELD, (or Hautville), an extra parochial place in the hundred of Chew, county Somerset, near Norton Malreward.
"SOCK-DENNIS, (or Stock-dennis), an extra parochial place in the hundred of Tintinhull, county Somerset, 1 mile S.W. of Ilchester. It was formerly a separate parish.
"SOMERS-FARM, an extra parochial place in the parish of Walcot, hundred of Bath Forum, county Somerset."
"STAVORDALE PRIORY, an extra parochial place in the county of Somerset, half a mile from Bruton. It was founded in the reign of Henry III. by Richard Savill for Augustine canons, and was made a cell to Taunton Abbey in 1533. On the Dissolution, the site was granted to the De Veres, and subsequently came to the earls of Ilchester."
"WEST MOOR, an extra parochial liberty in the hundred of Abdick, county Somerset, 4 miles S. of Langport.
"WESTMOOR, an extra parochial place adjoining Carry Rivell, county Somerset."