"HUISH EPISCOPI, a parish in the E. division of the hundred of Kingsbury, county Somerset, half a mile E. of Langport, its post town, and 7½ miles S.E. of Bridgwater. It is situated at the confluence of the rivers Yeo and Parret, and on the high road from Crewkerne to Langport. It contains the villages of Langport, Westover, Coombe, Paradise, Pebsbury, and Wearne. The inhabitants are principally employed in agriculture. The soils are clayey, with subsoil of blue lias stone. The tithes were commuted for corn-rents under an Enclosure Act in 1797. The living is a vicarage* with the curacy of Langport annexed, in the diocese of Bath and Wells, joint value £180, in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Wells. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient stone edifice, with a tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £24 per annum. The Duke of Devonshire is lord of the manor."
"COOMBE, a hamlet in the parish of Huish Episcopi, in the county of Somerset, near Langport."
"LANGPORT WESTOVER, a hamlet in the parishes of Curry-Rivel and Huish-Episcopi, county Somerset, forming a suburb of Langport-Eastover."
"PARADISE, a hamlet in the parishes of High-Ham and Huish Episcopi, county Somerset, near Langport,"
"PEBSBURY, a hamlet in the parish of Huish Episcopi, county Somerset, near Langport."
"WAGG, a hamlet in the parishes of Huish Episcopi and High Ham, county Somerset, 2 miles N. of Langport."
"WEARNE, a hamlet in the parish of Huish Episcopi, county Somerset, 1 mile N. of Langport."