"A village and parish in the Williton district, Somerset. The village stands 3 miles west of the Williton railway station and six and a quarter miles north by west of Wiveliscombe. Post office under Taunton. The manor belongs to TB Notley Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of bath and Wells. Pop 304 and Houses 62. Church and national school." (Source: Imperial Gazetteer, 1871, publ. White. Census info: 1861.