"RODNEY STOKE, a parish in the hundred of Winterstoke, county Somerset, 5 miles N.E. of Wells, its post town, and 125 W. of London. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. A great portion of the land is devoted to pasture. The parish comprises the hamlet of Draycott. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £339, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, is an ancient stone edifice, with a tower containing four bells. The interior of the church contains a screen, bearing date 1624, the gift of Sir E. Rodney, of whose family there are monuments. The register dates from the 17th century. The parochial charities produce about £3 10s. per annum, independent of an annuity of £300 for the poor of Draycott hamlet. There is a Church school for both sexes, also a Sunday-school. F. Parsons, Esq., is lord of the manor.
"DRAYCOTT, a hamlet in the parishes of Cheddar and Rodney Stoke, in the county of Somerset, 4 miles S.E. of Axbridge, and 6 N.W. of Wells."