Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"WESTON-SUPER-MARE, a parish, town, and watering place in the hundred of Winterstoke, county Somerset, 9 miles from Axbridge, 20 from Bristol, and 20 from Wells. It is connected by a short branch line with the Bristol and Exeter railway. This parish, which is situated on the margin of Uphill Bay, near the Bristol Channel, consists of the town of the same name, and the hamlet of Ashcombe. The town, which is of modern growth, is sheltered by Worlebury Hill, now dotted with crescents, terraces, villas, and marine mansions. It contains baths, lodging-houses, and numerous hotels, some fronting the sea and commanding a view of the channel, the Steep and Flat Holmes." From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Weston-Super-Mare : a history and guide, by Philip Beisly, Publ. Gloucester : Sutton, 1988 ISBN: 0862995094 (pbk). (Copy in Bath Univrsity Library).
- Milton Baptist Church, Weston-super-Mare, Baptist
- All Saints, Weston-super-Mare, Church of England
- Christ Church, Montpelier, Weston-super-Mare, Church of England
- Emmanuel, Weston-super-Mare, Church of England
- St Andrew, Bourneville, Church of England
- St John the Baptist, Weston-super-Mare, Church of England
- St Paul, Weston-super-Mare, Church of England
- Corpus Christi, Weston-super-Mare, Roman Catholic
- Our Lady of Lourdes, Weston-super-Mare, Roman Catholic
- St Joseph, Weston-super-Mare, Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Weston-Super-Mare area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Weston-Super-Mare which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Weston-Super-Mare has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST320610 (Lat/Lon: 51.343947, -2.977723), Weston-Super-Mare which are provided by: