"WESTON-ZOYLAND, a parish in the hundred of Whitley, county Somerset, 4 miles S.E. of Bridgwater. The village is situated on the navigable river Langport. The population has recently been decreasing, having been 1,007 in 1851, and 893 in 1861. The battle of Sedgmoor was fought on the confines of this and the adjoining parish of Chedzoy. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £375, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1558. The Wesleyans and Free Methodists have each a chapel. There are National and Sunday schools. C. N. Welman, Esq., is lord of the manor."
"LINEY, (or Langhay), a hamlet in the parish of Weston Zoyland, hundred of Whitley, county Somerset, 3 miles S.E. of Bridgwater. It is situated on the confines of the marshy tract called Sedgemoor.