Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"WINFORD, a parish in the hundred of Hartcliffe, county Somerset, 5 miles S.W. of Bristol. It includes the hamlets of Felton and Ridghill. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Bath and Wells, value £480, in the gift of Worcester College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to SS. Mary and Peter, was rebuilt in 1796, with the exception of the tower. The Baptists have a chapel. There are National and Sunday schools." From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Blessed Virgin Mary & St Peter, Church Road, Church of England
- St James, The Street, Regil, Church of England
- St Katharine & The Noble Army of Martyrs, West Lane, Felton, Church of England
- Winford Baptist Chapel, Chapel Lane, Other
- Felton Chapel URC, Felton Street, Felton, United Reformed
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Winford area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Winford which are provided by:
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST540650 (Lat/Lon: 51.382123, -2.662402), Winford which are provided by: