"Acton Trussell and Bednall were formerly separate chapelries, and had two separate chapels. That at Acton is still standing, but the site of the other is occupied by Bednall Church, All Saints, a neat structure in the early English style, erected in 1846.
The joint perpetual curacies are in the patronage of the trustees of the late William Hulme, Esq, and incumbency of the Rev M Davies, MA."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851)
The chapelries were in Baswich parish, details of which can be found on the Baswich parish page.
Acton Trussell with Bednall became a parish in its own right in 1867, with St James, Acton Trussell, as the parish church.
A view of St James Church, Acton Trussell.