"Baswich, or Berkswich, near Stafford, is a large parish without a village of its own name, divided into the two townships of Baswich & Brockton, in Stafford Union, and the township of Acton-Trussell with Bednall, in Penkridge Union. The whole parish contains 1448 souls and 6200 acres of land, including parts of Cannock Chase, in which the farmers have common rights. The parish is skirted on the north by the River Sow, and on the west by the Penk.
Baswich, or Berkswich township comprises 1600 acres of land, and the pleasant hamlets of Radford, Weeping-Cross, Walton and Milford.
Brockton is a township and scattered village, nearly four miles SE by E of Stafford, containing 800 acres, of which 730 belong to William Fawkener Chetwynd, Esq, of Brockton Hall, an ancient mansion in a pleasant park, near which is Brockton Villa, the modern seat of Henry Chetwynd, Esq. Here is an excellent freestone quarry, and a fine stratum of clay, of which large quantities of bricks are made.
(Acton Trussell and Bednall formed a chapelry in Baswich parish and details can be found on the Acton Trussell
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]