"Blithfield parish is a fertile district, seven and a half miles S by W of Uttoxeter and four and a half miles N of Rugeley, comprising the hall, rectory and church of Blithfield, and the hamlets of Admaston, half a mile E of the church, and Newton, one mile NW of the church. It also has a number of scattered farmhouses, and contains 390 inhabitants, of whom 214 are in Newton liberty. Blithfield and Admaston contain 1414 acres and Newton 1744 acres. Lord Bagot is lord of the manor, and owner of nearly all the parish. His Lordship resides at Blithfield Hall, an ancient mansion with embattled towers and walls, which gives it the air of a fortress. Bagot's Park, which forms part of the pleasure grounds, is distant one and a half miles to the NE in the parish of Abbot's Bromley.
The Bagot family is of great antiquity, and possessed this and the adjoining estate of Bagot's Bromley, at the time of the Domesday survey."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]