"Bradley-in-the-Moors is a hamlet and small parish, four miles ESE of Cheadle, containing only 72 inhabitants and 650 acres of land. The Earl of Shrewsbury is the principal owner, lord of the manor, and patron of the church. The principal inhabitants are the incumbent; Wm Walker, parish clerk and shopkeeper; and Geo Carr, Thos Charlesworth, Ellen Gent, John Gent, Wm Ginders, John Smith, John Tidsworth, and John Wood, farmers." [From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
"Bradley-in-the-Moors parish church, is a small edifice. The benefice is a perpetual curacy, which has been held since 1825 by the Rev Edward Whieldon, MA." [From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
Church of England Registers The parish register of the parish church of St Leonard commences in 1674. The original registers from 1674-1809 (Bapts), 1674-1839 (Mar) & 1674-1993 (Bur) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office. Bishops Transcripts, 1674-1867 (with gaps 1776-91) are deposited at Lichfield Record Office. A transcript of the registers for the period 1674-1812 was published by the Staffordshire Parish Register Society in 1912.