Church of England Registers
The register of St Michael commences in 1766. The original registers for the period 1766-1896 (Bapts), 1837-1899 (Mar), and 1766-1898 (Bur), and Banns for the period 1766-1781 (listed under Holy Trinity, Wordsley) are deposited at Dudley Archives & Local History Service.
Note that a few marriages performed here before 1837 are entered in the register of St Mary, Kingswinford.
Bishops Transcripts, 1766-1864 (with many gaps) are deposited at Lichfield Record Office.
A transcript of the registers of St Michael was published in two parts (1766-1800 & 1800-1812) jointly by the Staffordshire Parish Register Society & the Birmingham & Midland SGH in 1993 & 1986.
Original surviving registers of Nonconformist chapels in Brierley Hill chapelry are deposited at Dudley Archives & Local History Service.
A transcript of the Brierley Hill, Round Oak, Methodist Chapel registers, Baptisms, 1827-1850 and membership list for 1827 has been published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.
A transcript of the Brierley Hill, Round Oak, Primitive Methodist Chapel registers, Baptisms, 1850-1864 has been published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.
A transcript of the Brierley Hill, Bank Street, Wesleyan Methodist Chapel registers, Burials, 1833-1884 and pew rents from the account book has been published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.
Note : Baptisms of some Brierley Hill residents can be found in the register of High Street Independent Chapel, Stourbridge (1776-1837) and the register of Stourbridge Wesleyan Chapel (1809-1839). Transcripts of both chapels have been published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.
The original registers of the Catholic Church of St Mary commencing in 1859 (Bapts), 1931 (Mar), 1875 (Deaths & Bur), 1866 (Confirmations) remain with the parish priest.
Earlier entries can be found in Stourbridge (Our Lady & All Saints) registers which are deposited at Birmingham Diocesan Archives.