"Edingale or Edengale, in the vale of the Mease, seven miles N by E of Tamworth, is a village and parish of 197 souls, and about 850 acres of land, adjoining Derbyshire. The Earl of Lichfield is lord of the manor, but the soil belongs to a number of other freeholders. The parish feast is on the first Sunday in June. A raised way, which passes through Edingale, towards Lullington, is supposed to have been a Roman via vicinale, or bye road."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
"The church, Holy Trinity, is a small edifice, upon an eminence near the river Mease. It is of brick, and has a tower and two bells. The perpetual curacy, is in the patronage of the Prebendary of Alrewas, and incumbency of the Rev John Evans, MA.
Edingale was formerly a parochial chapelry to Croxall, on the opposite side of the river, in Derbyshire."
From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
The register of Holy Trinity commenced in 1575. The original registers or transcripts for the period 1575-1922 (Bapts), 1575-1967 (Mar) & 1575-1812 (Bur), and Banns for the period 1653-59 & 1754-1812 are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office. No original registers for 1696-1812 (Bapts & Bur) and 1696-1753 (Mar) are known to exist.
Bishops Transcripts for the period 1669-1870 (with gaps 1669-84, 1735-8 & 1765-8) are deposited at Lichfield Record Office.