"Hilderstone church (Christ Church), is a handsome Gothic structure, consecrated in 1833. The exterior walls are of excellent stone, from Hollington quarry, and at the west end is a tower, surmounted by a neat spire, forty feet in height. The east window is richly ornamented with stained glass, by Collins of London.
The benefice is a perpetual curacy in the patronage of J Bourne, Esq, and incumbency of the Rev RB Baker, MA, rural dean of Stone.
Here is a Wesleyan chapel, built in 1822" [From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851)
Christ Church, Hilderstone formed a chapelry of Stone parish, details of which can be found on the Stone parish page