"St Michael's church is an ancient edifice, with a lofty spire, standing in a spacious burial ground of seven acres, on Green Hill, on the south-eastern side of the city.[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
The perpetual curacy is in the patronage of the vicar of St Mary's, Lichfield, and incumbency of the Rev Thomas Gnosall Parr, MA."
'St Michael's Church Lichfield. A Short History'
by Rev Carpenter
Published 1982 (Second Ed), by JAC Baker, Lichfield.
'St Michael's Churchyard, Lichfield, Staffs'
by Dorothy & Jim Gould
Published 1976, by South Staffordshire Archaeological & Historical Society.
A transcript of St Michael, Lichfield, Monumental Inscriptions has been published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.
In the churchyard is a memorial stone to Trumpeter John Brown who sounded the trumpet at the Charge of the Light Brigade.
A photograph of the Memorial Stone.
Church of England Registers
The register of St Michael commences in 1569. The original registers for the period 1569-1933 (Bapts), 1569-1945 (Mar), & 1569-1940 (Bur), and Banns for the period 1754-1762 are deposited at Lichfield Record Office.
Bishops Transcripts for the period 1663-1868 (with many gaps) are deposited at Lichfield Record Office.
A transcription of marriages at St Michael, Lichfield for 1788-1804
A transcript of the registers of St Michael, Lichfield has been published by Burntwood Family History Group.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in Lichfield can be found on the Lichfield page.
A transcription of the section on Lichfield St Michael from A Topographical History of Staffordshire by William Pitt (1817)
[Last updated: 26th August 2014, Mike Harbach. © 1999 - 2014