"Stonnall Church, St Peter, was erected as a chapel of ease to Shenstone parish in 1822. In 1843, a beautiful stone chancel was added. The east window is enriched with stained glass, representing Moses lifting up the brazen serpent. The perpetual curacy is in the patronage of the Vicar of Shenstone, and incumbency of the Rev James Downes, BA."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851)
Stonnall, St Peter, was a chapelry of Shenstone parish, details of which can be found on the Shenstone parish page.
Stonnall became a parish in 1845.