"The Church of St John, is a small edifice, which has mostly been rebuilt of brick, except the chancel, which is of stone, and very ancient.
The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of Lord Hatherton, and incumbency of the Rev. John Swire, jun. BA."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851)
The church of St John, Stretton, was a chapelry of Penkridge parish, details of which can be found on the Penkridge parish page.
A view of St John's Church, Stretton