"St Paul's Church, in Owen Street, Tipton Green, is a large brick structure, with a tower and one bell, and was built in 1838-9. It has no burial ground, but under it are vaults, not yet used for sepulchral purposes.
The benefit is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the incumbent of Tipton, and incumbency of the Rev EHA Gwynne, BA."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
St Paul's ecclesiastical parish was formed on 22nd December, 1843. The church is an edifice of red brick, in the Early English style, designed by Robert Ebbles, and consisting of a nave, chancel, aisles and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing one bell. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Vicar of Tipton.
Church of England Registers
The register of St Paul, Tipton, commences in 1839. The original registers for the period 1839-1912 (Bapts) & 1853-1899 (Mar), and Banns for the period 1915-1930 are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in Tipton can be found on the Tipton page.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Tipton which are provided by: