"St Paul's Church, in Owen Street, Tipton Green, is a large brick structure, with a tower and one bell, and was built in 1838-9. It has no burial ground, but under it are vaults, not yet used for sepulchral purposes.[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
The benefit is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the incumbent of Tipton, and incumbency of the Rev EHA Gwynne, BA."
Church of England Registers
The register of St Paul, Tipton, commences in 1839. The original registers for the period 1839-1912 (Bapts) & 1853-1899 (Mar), and Banns for the period 1915-1930 are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in Tipton can be found on the Tipton page.
[Last updated: 16th April 2001, Mike Harbach. © 1999, 2000, 2001]