Trysull parish became part of Seisdon Union, which took its name from the hamlet of Seisdon in this parish, following the Poor Law Amendment Act of 1834.
Seisdon Union comprised the 13 parishes and townships of Bobbington, Codsall-and-Oaken, Enville, Himley, Kinfare, Pattingham, Upper Penn, Lower Penn, Tettenhall, Trysull-and-Seisdon, Wombourn, Woodford Grange, and Rudge. The Union contained about 41,000 acres, and 12,263 inhabitants in 1841.
Seisdon Union Workhouse stood on the Upper Green in Tettenhall. It was an old building which was enlarged in 1836, to accomodate 80 paupers.
Staffordshire Record Office hold some records of Seisdon Union including:
Workhouse Admission & Discharge Books, 1837-1916
Indoor Relief Lists, 1837-1930
Births Register, 1853-1914
List of Paupers, Trysull, 1852-1858
Register of Infants Received, 1912-1919
Creed Register, 1869-1891
The Public Records Office holds:
Correspondence Records, 1844-1900 (Acc No MH 12/11413-25)
Staff Registers, 1837-1921 (Acc No MH 9/15)