"Warslow church, St James, was rebuilt in 1820.
The benefice is a perpetual curacy, with that of Elkstone annexed to it, in the patronage of the vicar of Alstonfield, and incumbency of the Rev. RB Pidcock, BA.
The chapel at Upper Elkstone is a small building with a wooden belfry, built in 1788."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851)
Warslow, St James, & Elkstone, St John the Baptist, formed a chapelry of Alstonfield parish, details of which can be found on the Alstonfield parish page.