"All Saints, the parish church of West Bromwich, stands on the east side of the parish, retired from the noise and bustle of the mines and manufactories. It was a very ancient fabric, but was mostly rebuilt, except the tower, in 1788, and subsequent years, when the interior was considerably enlarged, by the south aisles being thrown into the body, so as to present one entire space. A small ancient chapel on the south side remains, and is now used as a pew by the Earl of Dartmouth, the lay rector, who enlarged and beautified the chancel some years ago.
The perpetual curacy is in the patronage of the Earl of Dartmouth, and incumbency of the Rev James Spry, who is assisted by the Rev Isaac Bickerstaff."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]