"Christ Church, in High Street, in the most populous part of the town, is a large and elegant structure, in the rich florid style of Gothic architecture, with a massive tower, 114 feet high, containing a fine peal of 12 bells. The first stone was laid by the Earl of Dartmouth on 25th of September, 1821, and the church was consecrated on 17th January, 1829.[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
The perpetual curacy is in the patronage of the Earl of Dartmouth, and incumbency of the Rev James Bradshaw, MA."
Church of England Registers
The register of Christ Church, West Bromwich, commences in 1829. The original registers for the period 1829-1953 (Bapts), 1837-1955 (Mar) & 1843-1970 (Bur) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Bishops Transcripts for the period 1829-1834 are deposited at Lichfield Record Office.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in West Bromwich can be found on the West Bromwich page.
[Last updated: 10th April 2001, Mike Harbach. © 1999, 2000, 2001]