"Trinity Church, in the street to which it gives name, is a neat brick structure, in the Early English style, erected in 1841.
The perpetual curacy is in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Stafford and other trustees, and incumbency of the Rev Benjamin Wilmore."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
Holy Trinity ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1842.
The church in Trinity Street, is in brick, in the Early English style, and consists of a chancel, nave, aisles, north porch, and a western tower with pinnacles, containing one bell. The chancel was burnt in 1861, but afterwards restored, and the church was further restored in 1884.
Church of England Registers
The register of Holy Trinity Church, West Bromwich, commences in 1842. The original registers for the period 1841-1939 (Bapts), 1846-1955 (Mar) & 1842-1983 (Bur), and Banns for the period 1853-1938 & 1946-1978 are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Bishops Transcripts for the period 1844-1847 are deposited at Lichfield Record Office.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in West Bromwich can be found on the West Bromwich page.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of West Bromwich which are provided by: