St Andrew's ecclesiastical parish was formed on 11th March 1879 from parts of All Saints, Christ Church, St James and St Peter's parishes. The original church was in Old Meeting Street, later replaced by a new building in Dudley Street.
St Andrew's church was first opened in December 1867 as a Sunday mission room in a building that was originally a school in Old Meeting Street. The building, adapted by interior alterations, was a cruciform structure of brick, consisting of a chancel, nave, transepts, south porch, and a turret containing one bell.
A replacement church in Dudley Street was opened in 1924, although it was not completed and dedicated until the 21st of January, 1940.
The mission church of St Michael, attached to St Andrew's parish, was erected in 1879.
Church of England Registers
The register of St Andrew's Church, West Bromwich, commences in 1879. Microfiche copies of the registers for the period 1879-1982 (Bapts) & 1879-1986 (Mar) are held at Sandwell Archives.
Microfiche copies of the registers of the mission church of St Michael for the period 1920-1953 (Bapts) are held at Sandwell Archives.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in West Bromwich can be found on the West Bromwich page.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of West Bromwich which are provided by: