St Peter's ecclesiastical parish was formed on 3rd May 1861. The church is a building of cream coloured stone, in the Gothic style, and consists of a chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and a small embattled western tower with pinnacles. It was designed by T Johnson & Son of Lichfield and was consecrated in July 1858.
The living is a vicarage in the gift of the Bishop of Lichfield.
Church of England Registers
The register of St Peter's Church, West Bromwich, commences in 1858. The original registers for the period 1858-1900 (Bapts), 1861-1910 (Mar) & 1858-1914 (Bur) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in West Bromwich can be found on the West Bromwich page.