"Weston-under-Lizard is a small village and parish, comprising 297 inhabitants, and about 2600 acres of fertile land, bounded on the south and west by Shropshire, five miles NE of Shiffnall, and six miles W by N of Brewood. Lizard is the name of a hill in Shropshire, and is applied to this parish to distinguish it from that of Weston-upon-Trent. The Right Hon George Augustus Frederick Henry Bridgeman, Earl of Bradford and Viscount Newport, is owner of the whole parish, and resides at Weston Hall, an ancient mansion, standing near the church and the Roman Watling Street, within an extensive park. The Earl's other seat is at Castle Bromwich, in Warwickshire. He was born in 1789, and succeeded to the Earldom in 1825. His eldest son, Viscount Newport, was born in 1819, and is MP for the South division of Salop." [From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
"Weston-under-Lizard Church, St Andrew, was rebuilt in 1700, except the tower. The interior has several splendid monuments, two of which are in memory of the late Countess of Bradford and her eldest daughter, who died in 1842 and 1843. The rectory is in the patronage of the Earl of Bradford, and incumbency of the Rev Oswald Fielden, MA."
[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851)
Church of England Registers The surviving registers of the parish church of St Andrew commence in 1701. The original registers for the period 1701-1988 (Bapts), 1701-1972 (Mar) & 1701-1997 (Bur) and Banns for the period 1754-1812 are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office. Bishops Transcripts, 1660-1865 (with gaps 1698-1701, 1710-1714, 1786-1791 & 1836-1841) are deposited at Lichfield Record Office. A transcript of the registers for the period 1654-1812 was published by the Staffordshire Parish Register Society in 1933 and has been reprinted by the Birmingham & Midland SGH. A transcript of the registers for the period 1813-1837 (Bapts & Mar) has been published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.