"The district parishes of St Stephen's and Holy Trinity, which each comprise about a third of the populous township of Willenhall, were formed under Sir Robert Peel's act in 1847, and are both vicarages, in the patronage of the Crown and Bishop of Lichfield, alternately. The Rev TW Fletcher, MA, is vicar of St Stephen's and the Rev J Lecky is vicar of Holy Trinity. Divine service is presently performed in licensed rooms but new churches will shortly be erected, St Stephen's at Portobello, and Holy Trinity at Lane Head."[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
Church of England Registers
The registers of Holy Trinity, Short Heath, Willenhall commence in 1848. The original registers for the period 1848-1934 (Bapts), 1855-1932 (Mar) & 1855-1932 (Bur) are deposited at Staffordshire Record Office.
Nonconformist Church Registers
Records of Nonconformist churches in Willenhall can be found on the Willenhall page.
[Last updated: 21st February 2001, Mike Harbach. © 2001]