"Woodford Grange is an extra-parochial farm, in Seisdon Hundred, belonging to Lord Wrottesley, and occupied by Mr Robert Archibald Dickin. It is pleasantly situated six miles SW by S of Wolverhampton, and is nearly encompassed by two branches of the River Smestow, and the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal." [From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
The population of Woodford Grange extra parochial district in 1841 was 14. A surname index of the 1851 census for the extra parochial district is included in the 1851 Census, Staffordshire Surname Index, Volume 13, Wolverhampton, published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.