Towns & Parishes
"Woodford Grange is an extra-parochial farm, in Seisdon Hundred, belonging to Lord Wrottesley, and occupied by Mr Robert Archibald Dickin.[From History, Gazetteer and Directory of Staffordshire, William White, Sheffield, 1851]
It is pleasantly situated six miles SW by S of Wolverhampton, and is nearly encompassed by two branches of the River Smestow, and the Staffordshire & Worcestershire Canal."
The population of Woodford Grange extra parochial district in 1841 was 14.
A surname index of the 1851 census for the extra parochial district is included in the 1851 Census, Staffordshire Surname Index, Volume 13, Wolverhampton, published by the Birmingham & Midland SGH.
The nearest parish churches to Woodford Grange were at Wombourne and Trysull.
A map showing the pre-1850 boundaries of Woodford Grange Extra Parochial Area
[Last updated: 11th August 2011, Mike Harbach. © 1999 - 2011]