ASTON CANTLOW, Warwickshire
"ASTON CANTLOW, (or Aston Cantelupe), a parish and small town in the hundred of Barlichway, in the Stratford division of the county of Warwick, 4 miles N.E. from Alcester, and 6 miles to the N.W. of Stratford-on-Avon. The river Alne flows along the north-west border, and the Birmingham and Stratford canal passes on the eastern side of this parish. Comprised in it are the chapelry of Wilncott, the township of Newnham, and the hamlets of Little Alne and Pathlow."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Aston Cantlow from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.