"BEARLEY, a parish in the Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles to the N.W. of Stratford-on-Avon. The Birmingham canal and the river Alne pass near it. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester, value £62, in the patronage of the Provost and Fellows of King's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]