Jump to navigation
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, a chapelry, post, and market town in the parish of Wootton Wawen, Henley division of the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 6 miles from the Knowle station on the Great Western railway, 8 from Stratford-upon-Avon, and 14 from Birmingham. It is a town of great antiquity, and was partially burnt at the battle of Evesham in the reign of Henry II. It took the adjunct to its name from its position in the forest of Arden, a large tract of woodland extending over part of Warwickshire and the adjoining counties. It is situated on the river Alne, near the Birmingham canal, and is a polling place for South Warwickshire." [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Henley in Arden area or see them printed on a map.
Ask for a calculation of the distance from Henley in Arden to another place.