"IDLICOTE, a parish in the Brailes division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 3 miles N.E. of Shipston-on-Stour, its post town. The parish, which is small, is wholly agricultural. It is a meet for the Warwick hounds. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. Stone is quarried. The living is a rect, in the diocese of Worcester, value £80. The church is dedicated to St. James. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. Idlicote House, the principal residence, is the seat of Captain H. K. P. Peach. It formerly belonged to the monks of Kenilworth, and after passing through several hands, was finally purchased by the present owner, who is lord of the manor and sole landowner."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]