Link to maps of Stockton (GENUKI)

STOCKTON, Warwickshire

"STOCKTON, a parish in the Southam division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 2 miles S.E. of Southam. Rugby is its post town. The village is situated near the Warwick and Napton canal. The substratum is productive of blue lias limestone. The surface is in general flat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £338, in the patronage of New College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities produce about £26 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]

URL of this page: /big/eng/WAR/Stockton/index.html