|Preston Patrick is a parish in Kendal
Ward. It was formerly a detached part of Burton in Kendal parish.|
It is close to the parishes of Old Hutton, Mansergh, Beetham, Heversham and Crosscrake.
Returns do not survive for the 'census' of 1787.
Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911.
|St Gregory. |
Church with NW tower of 1852 by Sharpe & Paley with chancel of 1892. But reused C15th window and niches.
Historical and architectural notes on National Heritage List (EnglishHeritage site).
History and description on Wikipedia.
Church plans (1851-54) from ICBS archive on Church Plans Online (Lambeth Palace Library).
Photograph(s) and description on VisitCumbria.
Acess and contact details on Church of England site
The parish records and Bishop' Transcripts are held at the Kendal Record Office of Cumbria Archives Service. The Record Office reference is WPR42. There will be microfilm copies at Carlisle Record Office.
The details for the parish from the Parson & White's Directory for 1829 are transcribed on Edenlinks site.
Last updated: November 2013 Dave Huddart