"Troutbeck is bounded on the East by Kentmere, on the South by the mother church division, on the West by Ambleside, and on the North by Patterdale in the parish of Barton. It receives its name from the rivulet, which springs in the head of the dale, and running along the east side of this division, empties itself below Calgarth in Windermere water. In Troutbeck there is a chapel, which was consecrated.. in the year 1562, by the name of Jesus Chapel, for the use of the inhabitants of Troutbeck and Applethwaite: With a saving (as is usual in like cases) of the rights of the mother church of St. Martin in Windermere."
[Nicolson and Burn: The history and antiquities of the counties of Westmorland and Cumberland. 1777.]
Troutbeck is a parish in Kendal Ward.
It was formerly in Windermere parish, and is on the Eastern shore of Windermere.
W tower of 1736. But nave and chancel are C19th. Jacobean woodwork inside.
This and other photographs are on the Geograph site. Troutbeck Church
Historical and architectural notes on National Heritage List Heritage site).
Photograph(s) and description on VisitCumbria.
Access and contact details on Church of England site.
The details for the parish from the Parson & White's Directory for 1829 are transcribed on Edenlinks site and from the same directory just for Troutbeck on the Windermere School site (available through Wayback Machine Internet Archive).
Cumbria County History Trust has published a "Jubilee Digest" for the township of Troutbeck
You can see the administrative areas in which Troutbeck has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.