National Gazetteer (1868) - All Cannings
"ALLCANNINGS, a parish in the hundred of Swanborough, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles to the E. of Devizes. It contains the chapelry of Etchilhampton and the tythings of Allington and Fullaway, and is situated on the Wiltshire and Berkshire canal. It is near the Avon and Wans-Dyke. The living is a rectory's in the diocese of Salisbury, value with the curacy of Etchilhampton, £1,100, in the patronage of Lord Ashburton. The church is dedicated to St. Anne. There is an endowed free school. A fair is held on the downs on the 6th August, for the sale of cattle and horses."
"ALLINGTON, a tything in the parish of Allcannings, and hundred of Swanborough, in the county of Wilts, 4 miles to the N.E. of Devizes. The Wiltshire and Berkshire canal passes near it."
"FULLAWAY, a tything in the parish of Allcannings, hundred of Swanborough, county Wilts, 4 miles E. of Devizes."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]