Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
National Gazetteer (1868) - Allington
"ALLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Amesbury, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles to the S.E. of Amesbury. It lies on a branch of the river Avon, and near the Roman way, Icknield Street. It was formerly a possession of the priory of Farleigh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £236, in the patronage of the Earl of Craven. It has a small endowed free school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]