National Gazetteer (1868) - Alton Priors
"ALTON-PRIORS, a chapelry in the parish of Overton, in the hundred of Elstub and Everley, in the county of Wilts, 7 miles to the E. of Devizes. It contains the tything of West Stowell, which was one of the possessions of the priory of Winchester. The living is a perpetual curacy united with the vicarage of Overton in the diocese of Salisbury. The church, which is dedicated to All Saints, contains a brass of the year 1528."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]